Ecliptic operates with a lean management team supported by an experienced strategic advisor and two outside Board members.
Click on each name for a more detailed bio.
To augment this core team, from past and current associations we have an extensive network of world-class professionals from engineering, science, entrepreneurial, media and academic arenas who know how to get things done. As we face new challenges, we are proud to count them as reliable colleagues and collaborators with whom we can work.
- CEO, CFO, Treasurer and Secretary. Broad experience in management and staff roles such as corporate controller, director of finance, auditor and educator. Officer and Ecliptic co-founder.
Mike Alvarez, 42
- VP of Marketing. Extensive experience in satellite control systems and test equipment in support of mission operations. Accomplished software engineer and software development manager.
Steve Labrecque, 49
- VP of Engineering. Extensive background in electronics design, assembly and testing, instrumentation systems, and sensor engineering, assembly and testing. Experience with space hardware, major telescope instrument projects and ship-based instrumentation systems.
Peter Barry, 59
- Manager of Mission Assurance and Risk Assessment. Extensive background in Mission Assurance and Quality Assurance, ISO 9001 processes and certification, and internal Quality Management System assessment and auditing. Experience with device-, instrument- and subsystem-level space hardware, space-projects and space parts engineering.
Ron Symmes, 66
- Experienced spacecraft systems engineer, space-technology innovator and manager. Held roles such as space project manager, commercial space company executive, and technology start-up firm founder, manager, executive, advisor and investor.
Board of Directors
In addition to Scully, the Ecliptic Board of Directors consists of:
Peter Sperling, 53
- Non-Executive Chairman and Officer. Chairman of CallWave, Inc. and Senior VP, Secretary, Treasurer and Director of Apollo Group, Inc., parent of the University of Phoenix. Experienced entrepreneur, corporate executive and manager.
Rex Ridenoure, 57
- Ecliptic co-founder, founding CEO (2001-2011) and officer. Distinguished career as a space-mission engineer and system architect on more than a dozen space missions. Champion of expanded commercialization of space activities.
Robert Dolan, 58
- Assistant Secretary. Experienced entrepreneur, technologist and executive in various technology companies for over 30 years.